Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Portrait of an American Military Hospital

I admire the way that my Anglican brother Kendall Harmon makes room in his excellent blog Titus One Nine for stories about the military with attention to issues of spirituality, veteran's issues, and ethics. This lovely but brief portrait of the rehab unit of the Veterans' Affairs hospital in Augusta, Georgia, is from MSNBC's Nightly News,and is found here.

As I write this, I'm mindful of my Roman Catholic brother, Padre George Helou, who has begun a six month assignment working with Canadian and American wounded at the hospital in Landstuhl, Germany. George wrote to me that the staff at this hospital do wonderful work, and are constantly needful of our prayers and support.

No comments:

Mad Padre

Mad Padre
Opinions expressed within are in no way the responsibility of anyone's employers or facilitating agencies and should by rights be taken as nothing more than one person's notional musings, attempted witticisms, and prayerful posturings.

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels