Monday, May 25, 2020

A Sermon for Ascension Day

Good day!

I recorded a sermon for Ascension Day as part of Morning Prayer for St. Margaret of Scotland, where I am honorary clergy.  I used the Ascension readings in place of those for the Seventh Sunday of Easter, as we don't always hear these readings in church of a Sunday.  Stupidly I deleted the word file, but you can find the video hosted on video at the parish website or below.  Viewers should be warned: video contains images of a cleric with alarming long pandemic hair.

The theologian I reference in the sermon is Oliver O'Donovan, specifically from Self, World, and Time, Volume 1 of his series Ethics as Theology.

I look forward to preaching more now that I'm retired from the military chaplaincy, in whatever part of the post Covid church God sees fit to call me.

Blessings,   MP+


No comments:

Mad Padre

Mad Padre
Opinions expressed within are in no way the responsibility of anyone's employers or facilitating agencies and should by rights be taken as nothing more than one person's notional musings, attempted witticisms, and prayerful posturings.

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels